The MoonBit Update——0115

MoonBit Update

• Relaxed the syntax on the right-hand side of match, allowing the appearance of single statements. The following syntax is now permitted:
match x {
  A => return
  B => return 1
  C => i = i + 1
  D => break
  E => continue
  F => while true {}
}
  • Fix various bugs in the formatter, and resolve issues with missing curly braces and parentheses in the code after formatting. For example:
Original Code Before Fix After Fix
fn init {
  let mut a = 1
  {
    {
      let a = 2
      f(a)
    }
    let a = 3
    f(a)
    {
      let a = 4
      f(a)
    }
  }
  f(a)
}
fn init {
  let mut a = 1
  let a = 2
  f(a)
  let a = 3
  f(a)
  let a = 4
  f(a)
  f(a)
}
fn init {
  let mut a = 1
  {
    {
      let a = 2
      f(a)
    }
    let a = 3
    f(a)
    let a = 4
    f(a)
  }
  f(a)
}
  • Added a new experimental inline testing mechanism. The declaration format is fn test_*. Inline tests need to be declared in regular .mbt files (instead of _test.mbt). They must not have any parameters or return types. For example, the following usage will result in an error:

Now, moon test will not only execute each test file ending with _test.mbt in every package, but also perform inline tests within each package.

Plugin Updates

• Fixed bugs related to newtype goto definition and rename.

Build System Updates

• moon new now adds default values for various options, allowing users to select default values by pressing Enter.
$ moon new
Enter the path to create the project (. for current directory) [default: myproject] >
Enter the create mode (exec or lib) [default: exec] >
Enter your username [default: username] >
Enter the package name [default: hello] >
Enter your license [default: Apache-2.0] >
Created my-project

• moon.mod.json now includes license and repository fields. license indicates the license used by the mooncakes.io, which must comply with the SPDX standard.

• Removed moon check --daemon.
  • moon publish now includes an upload size limit, the upload size must be less than 16 MiB.

Other

• On the Windows platform, the installation path has been changed from ~/.moon to ~/.moon/bin, bringing it in line with other platforms.
1 Like